Cycling the Erie Canal Guidebook
A Guide to 360 Miles of Adventure and History Along the Erie Canalway Trail
NON-MEMBERS: $26.95 + TAX + SHIPPING
MEMBERS: $24.25 + TAX + SHIPPING
SHIPS IN 1-2 weeks
- 142 pages packed with detailed information about the outstanding bicycling and sightseeing waiting for you along the Erie Canal
- 38 easy-to-read, full-color maps
- NEW inset maps to guide trail users through complicated stretches
- All new trail segments added, and on-road routing updated
- Comprehensive listing of attractions, historic sites, visitor centers, parks
- Availability of lodging, bike shops, parking and other services
- High-quality spiral binding and convenient 9" x 5" size - just right to tuck in your saddle bag or backpack
- An indispensable resource for dedicated cyclists planning to bike across the state or the casual rider looking to take the family out for a couple of hours. Great for walkers, hikers, inline skaters, boaters and auto travelers, too.
- Year of publication: 2021
to order by phone CALL 518-434-1583
"About a month ago I ordered your publication "Cycling the Erie Canal". I just wanted to let you know that this is the very best bike map/guide I've ever seen. Very well done. I'll be biking the Erie Canal this coming fall and this guide gives almost all the information I will need. I wish all the cycling guides were as well done."
STEVE GOLDEN, PROGRAM MANAGER, NATIONAL PARK SERVICE, BOSTON:
“Cycling the Erie Canal" is as good a guide book as I have ever seen. It is clear and easy to use, packed with information, maps, and pictures. How could you live in the region and not want - need a copy. It is a steal. You have given away all your hard learned secrets and opened up a heritage tourism treasure. Crossing NYS along the Erie Canal is destined to become an iconic experience."
"Many bike trail guidebooks are helpful, but this one is outstanding. Excellent maps show type of pavement, alternate routes, and facilities at a glance. Lists of museums and other sites prove this trip is much more than biking, so don't plan to average more than 40 miles/day. Lists of hotels and places to eat are essential. The spiral binding avoids breaking the spine. It's been worth the price already, a month before we hope to leave. Enjoy!"