Park & Trail Partnership Program
Congratulations to the 20 Grassroots Organizations that Received Park and Trail Partnership Program Grants
Read more about this year's recipients.
The Park and Trail Partnership Program (PTPP) is a $500,000 capacity-building, matching grants program funded through the New York State (NYS) Environmental Protection Fund (EPF). The program, which launched in 2015, is administered jointly by Parks & Trails New York and the NYS Office of Parks, Recreation and Historic Preservation (OPRHP). The state’s landmark investment in grassroots Friends Groups enables them to leverage private and federal funding, marshal more volunteer power, and augment the state’s historic investment in parks.
The program is designed to:
- Enhance the preservation, stewardship, interpretation, maintenance and promotion of NYS parks, trails and state historic sites.
- Increase the sustainability, effectiveness, productivity, and volunteer and fundraising capabilities of not-for-profit organizations that promote, maintain, and support NYS parks, trails and state historic sites.
- Promote the tourism and economic development benefits of outdoor recreation through the growth and expansion of a connected statewide network of parks, trails and greenways.
There are four types of capacity-building grants available to eligible organizations through the Park and Trail Partnership Program.
Start Planning Now- Applications Available Fall 2017
- Request for Applications (coming Fall 2017)
- Review the eligibility criteria
- Read Frequently Asked Questions
- Download template documents for applicants, including budget worksheets (for use when completing final reports)
- Review the evaluation criteria
- Attend a Regional Friends Gathering and/or application webinar. See FAQs (Application Assistance) for dates/times. Email email@example.com if you did not receive an invitation.
- Learn how to document your grant deliverables (for use when completing final reports)
Previous PTPP Grants
- Read the Governor's press release announcing the first round of Park and Trail Partnership Program grant awards.
Parks & Trails New York thanks the Land Trust Alliance, which administers the NYS Conservation Partnership Program, for its invaluable experience and guidance in developing the Park and Trail Partnership Program.