Got Questions? Get Answers. Join the Friends Discussion Forum
Friends groups have great ideas to share. To help facilitate greater networking and communications among Friends groups, PTNY has started an online discussion forum.
The discussion forum is an opportunity for Friends organizations across the state to communicate with each other - sharing ideas, asking advice, learning from one another and building the strength of our parks movement.
Join the discussion today (once there, click on "Join this group" in the right-hand column).
- Get help and advice from others across the state facing similar challenges.
- Discuss the issues facing our state park system and Friends organizations.
- Share ideas for strengthening Friends groups so that we can better protect and promote our parks and historic sites.
How to join
The forum is set up as a Google Group. You do not need a Google account in order to join the group or post messages, but whether or not you have a Google account does determine the way in which you communicate with the group.
- If you have a Google account, you can join via the web and post and read messages via the web interface as well as via email (see below).
- If you do not have a Google account and do not wish to set one up, you cannot use the web interface but can still join the group and send and receive messages via email. To join via email, send an email to NYSParksFriendsemail@example.com.
- If you do not already have a Google account and wish to set one up, visit Google's account set up page.
How to send a message to the group
There are two ways to send a message to the discussion forum once you've joined: