Help Grow the Park and Trail Partnership Program
Our Park and Trail Partnership Program (PTPP) funds grassroots Friends groups who contribute to the stewardship of New York State’s parks, trails, historic sites and public lands. Their efforts include raising tens of millions of dollars and logging hundreds of thousands of hours of volunteer assistance. Since 2015, the Park and Trail Partnership Program…
- Awarded 60 grants in 3 years totaling $1.3 million across the state
- Grants were matched by over $585,000 in private investments
This year, Governor Cuomo's budget proposal for the Environmental Protection Fund (EPF) includes an increase to $1 million for the PTPP. By doubling the amount of available funds, this competitive grants program will enable State Park and Department of Environmental Conservation Friends groups to expand their impact and strengthen the state’s outdoor heritage of public-private partnership.
However, we need to keep up our advocacy efforts. When the final budget is agreed upon by both the Governor and Legislature, we want to ensure that the Park and Trail Partnership Program is included. You can help us make this happen by sending a letter of support to your local legislators. It's as easy as 1, 2, 3!
- Visit our Park and Trail Partnership Program Advocacy page on our website
- Click the buttons to find your local Assembly Member and Senator
- Use the letter provided to send them an email OR use the provided letter as inspiration to draft your own!
Every voice counts, and we are deeply appreciative of all our supporters.
To find out more about the the successes of the Park and Trail Partnership Program CLICK HERE.
To find out more about our advocacy efforts, CLICK HERE.