A Big Round of Applause for You!
In December, Parks & Trails New York’s board of directors thought it would be fitting to celebrate our 30th anniversary by issuing a year-end board challenge. They pledged to match all donations made in December up to $30,000. We put out the call and you really came through for us! We exceeded our $30,000 goal and are happy to report that we have successfully leveraged the match. What a way to kick off the New Year!
Thanks to your dedication and passion for New York’s parks and trails we’re starting 2016 stronger than ever. Here’s our “to do” list for 2016:
- Secure another $110 million in the state budget to protect and improve New York State Parks
- Support grassroots Friends groups from across the state on projects that enhance their parks and trails by distributing $500,000 through our Park and Trail Partnership Grants Program
- Partner with communities across the state to create more trails, sidewalks, and bike paths for a healthier, greener New York
- Close the gaps in the Erie Canalway Trail, making it the longest trail of its kind in the country
- Marshall tens of thousands of volunteers statewide to clean up and revitalize parks and trails
We say it all the time because it’s true. We could not do this important work without your support. Thank you for all you do to protect, enhance, and expand New York’s fabulous parks and trails.