Both riders and non-riding participants can volunteer to help out during the ride. Volunteers who commit to the entire tour ride for free. Time commitments are detailed with each job description. There are many volunteer possibilities available, including SAG and luggage truck drivers, rest stop help, route marking and more!
2024 Volunteer Information will be posted this Winter
We hope you will consider volunteering on the 2nd Annual Cycle the Hudson Valley!
2023 CTHV Volunteer Information
VOLUNTEER INFORMATION FOR CTHV 2023
The volunteer application will open in January, and positions will start to be assigned in February. Positions will continue to be filled up to the start of the ride as there are often last-minute cancellations. If you are assigned a position there is no cost for the ride, volunteers ride for free!
All volunteers must agree to abide by the Pandemic/Covid19 Policy.
FRIDAY EVENING & Saturday, July 28-29 Volunteer meeting times
An all volunteer meeting will be held Friday evening, July 28 at 8 PM in Niskayuna-camping & pizza social provided.-See Volunteer Meeting Schedule for details. This meeting is OPTIONAL. We anticipate having a zoom link for anyone who cannot attend.
Saturday, July 29 meeting times at our registration site, Hudson Valley Community College will run from 9 AM until 1 PM-See Schedule below for times.
- Work Every Other Day/Ride Every Other Day-You will work 4 days/Ride 4 days.
Volunteer positions with an every other day schedule will be assigned to either Crew A or Crew B.
A Crew will work Saturday, Monday, Wednesday & Friday (July 29, 31, August 2 & 4).
B Crew will work Sunday, Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday (July 30, August 1, 3, & 5).
- Ride Every Day
These positions combine the job and riding the route every day.
- Special Schedule-Listed with Job
Volunteer Position List
2023 VOLUNTEER POSITION LIST
(For detailed descriptions of each position, view the VOLUNTEER JOB DESCRIPTIONS)
1. LUGGAGE TRUCK DRIVER -- Ride Every Other Day/Work Every Other Day
2. LUGGAGE TRUCK ASSISTANT -- Ride Every Other Day/Work Every Other Day
3. SITE CREW -- Ride Every Other Day/Work Every Other Day
4. CAR SAG -- Ride Every Other Day/Work Every Other Day
5. ROUTE MARKER -- Ride Every Other Day/Work Every Other Day
6. BIKE SAG -- Ride Every Day
7. REST STOP -- Ride Every Other Day/Work Every Other Day
8. OVERNIGHT CREW -- Ride Every Day
9. MEDICAL -- Ride Every Day
11. PM INFORMATION & SIGNAGE -- Ride Every Other Day/Work Every Other Day
12. REST STOP TRUCK DRIVER -- Ride Every Other Day/Work Every Other Day
13. ADMINISTRATIVE TRUCK DRIVER-Ride Every Other Day/Work Every Other Day
14. MISCELLANEOUS VOLUNTEER-Ride Every Other Day/Work Every Other Day
15. PRE & POST CREW -- Work Before Start (July 27-29) Work During Ride Friday & Saturday (Aug. 4 & 5) & Sunday (Aug. 5) after tour. Ride Sunday to Thursday, July 29-Aug. 3)
16. OTHER-If you have an idea for a position that would be terrific for this event, please let us know.
REST STOP - Lois Dimock
LUGGAGE TRUCKS-Steve Hunter
FINISH in Troy-Lance Dimock
2023 MEETING SCHEDULE
Friday, July 28th 8 PM-OPTIONAL-An all Volunteer Meeting in Niskayuna (20 Miles from our start location in Troy on Saturday), camping and a pizza social provided. We anticipate providing a zoom link for anyone who cannot attend. Details are provided to volunteers with confirmation of an assignment. Campsite opens at 4:45 PM on Friday and closes at 9 AM on Saturday.
Saturday (July 29)-Volunteer meetings will be at our start location in Troy at Hudson Valley Community College, 80 Vandenburgh Ave., Troy, NY
9:30 AM-Site Crew, PM Information, Admin Truck Driver’s and Assists, Overnight Crew
10:00 AM-Rest Stop Truck Drivers and Assists
10:30 AM-Luggage Truck Drivers and Assists
11:00 AM-Bike SAGs/Route Marshall’s
11:30 AM-Car SAG
1:30-4:30Registration Open for Riders and Volunteers
Thursday, August 3-In Carmel Hamlet-Finish Line Logistics meeting 8 PM (Info, Site), 8:15 (Rest Stop, Car SAG), 8:30 (Luggage Admin, Bike Load Trucks and drivers), Bike SAG-TBD (For volunteers scheduled on Saturday, August 5)
If you have any questions or need additional information, contact
PTNY at email@example.com