Statewide Friends Conference 2017
The 2017 Statewide Friends Conference Was a Great Success!
150 Friends of New York State Parks and Historic Sites and New York State Office of Parks, Recreation, and Historic Preservation (OPRHP) Park and Site Managers attended the conference at the Gideon Putnam in Saratoga Spa State Park on December 1st and 2nd. They had a chance to network with Friends and managers from across the state, and attended informative workshops and presentations.
Check out the gallery of photos from the conference.
Fundraising Tips for Winning Hearts and Minds (and wallets): Becoming a More Welcoming Organization-Judy Anderson, Community Consultants
- Winning Hearts and Minds Handout, Judy Anderson
- Tips for Telling Nonprofit Stories
- Successful Individual Membership Giving Program
- Power Packed Thank You Letters
- Pixar Story
Taking Your Organization to the Next Level - Kate McNally, NYCON
- Taking Your Organization to the Next Level NYCON Presentation
- Governance in Volunteer Organizations
- Volunteer Organization Resources
- NYCON Brochure
- NYCON DO Insurance
- Key Features of NPRA
- NYCON Links
Eye on the Prize: Working Towards Common Goals
Social Media Made Easy - Alison Krawczyk & Lisa Barone, Overit
- Member Recruitment
- 501(c)(3) Dos and Don'ts-handout 1
- 501(c)(3) Dos and Don'ts-handout 2
- 501(c)(3) Dos and Don'ts-handout 3
- Technology and Fundraising Resources
- Consolidated Funding Application
Thank you to our partner, the New York State Office of Parks, Recreation and Historic Preservation, the presenters, panelists, facilitators, our tour guide, the Gideon Putnam hotel and conference staff, and the sponsor for the reception and dinner Barton & Loguidice. A special thank you to our keynote speakers, Commissioner Rose Harvey and Lucy Rockefeller Waletzky, Chair of the State Council on Parks.
The Gideon Putnam Hotel and Conference Center
Saratoga Spa State Park
Saratoga Springs, NY