Tour dates: July 29 - August 5, 2023
⋆ Registration opens January 18, 2023 ⋆
oin us for the inaugural Cycle the Hudson Valley bicycle tour, highlighting the communities, culture, history and scenic landscape of the iconic Hudson Valley.
Cycle the Hudson Valley is a fully-supported seven-day, 200-mile tour from the Albany area to NYC which follows the Hudson River section of the Empire State Trail, now the longest multi-use trail in the nation.
Daily routes range from 30-50 miles, with additional mileage options for riders wanting to explore more of the Hudson Valley. The Empire State Trail through the Hudson Valley is 63% paved trail, 13% crushed stone dust trail and 24% on road. The tour includes miles of flat or rolling stretches on paved trail, stone dust sections, some steep climbs on rural roads, and short sections of either high-speed roads or urban streets that connect the gaps of the off-road trail which call for experienced cycling skills.
Every day, you will be provided with route support, rest stops with abundant, nutritious snacks, lunch options (lunch is on your own), interesting sites to visit and, at the end of the day, you will roll into an overnight site with camping, hot showers, dinner (or shuttles to area restaurants). Most nights will have music, speakers and bike workshops on-site.
The tour begins in Troy, with its revitalized downtown full of restaurants, coffee bars and shops, and finishes in NYC. A shuttle option is available at the end of the tour, at an additional fee, to bring riders and their luggage and bicycles from NYC back to the long-term parking site in Troy. Long-term parking is available in Troy, the tour’s start/finish location; there is no tour parking in NYC or a shuttle at the beginning of the tour.
Cycle the Hudson Valley includes:
- Long-term parking at the start location in Troy, NY.
- Route support each day.
- One to two rest stops each day.
- Seven overnight camping sites with hot showers and restrooms (Indoor or portable outdoor or a combination).
- Seven breakfasts, four provided dinners, three dinners “on your own” with shuttles to area restaurants.
- Evening activities of music, speakers and shuttles to area attractions.
Registration Fee for 7-Day Ride:
Additional Fee Services:
- Tent set-up service by Comfy Campers.
- Shuttle from the finish in NYC back to long-term parking in Troy.
Brief route description:
- Saturday 7/29/23: Registration and Opening Dinner in Troy
- Sunday 7/30: Hudson River Ride to Overnight in Hudson
- Monday 7/31: Clermont State Historic Site, Bard College Campus, Kingston Bridge to Overnight in Kingston
- Tuesday 8/1: Layover Day in Kingston, Optional Trail and Road Ride Options, Boat Tours, Historic Sites
- Wednesday 8/2: Wallkill Trail to New Paltz, Walkway Over the Hudson, Overnight in Poughkeepsie
- Thursday 8/3: Hudson Valley Countryside Ride to Overnight in Carmel Hamlet
- Friday 8/4: Ride South Through Tarrytown, Closing Dinner and Festivities
- Saturday 8/5: NYC! Ride Options for Brooklyn Bridge, 9/11 Memorial and More. Shuttle to Albany Loading Mid-Afternoon.