Director of Programs
The Director of Programs is a key member of our team, charged with guiding and managing the organization’s wide-ranging programs and directing advocacy efforts. Creativity is a major plus as this person will play a vital role in developing new program directions. Excellent benefits since taking care of our employees is a priority for us.
Tasks and Duties
- Provide leadership for vigorous advocacy on park and trail issues, including increased funding and improved stewardship
- Organize and galvanize a vocal and effective coalition and broad-based constituency for parks and trails
- Work with communities to expand opportunities for outdoor recreation and active transportation by helping to design and develop, as well as advocate for, multi-use trails
- Promote trail use and foster trail-related tourism and communicate the connection between outdoor tourism and economic development
- Develop and produce print and electronic newsletters, reports, and other publications
- Guide program staff and intern
How to Apply
Submit a resume and cover letter with salary requirements to Director of Programs Search, Parks & Trails New York, 29 Elk Street, Albany, NY 12207, email@example.com. The position will remain open until filled.
Why work for PTNY?
People choose a career at Parks & Trails New York to improve the health, economy, and quality of life for all New Yorkers by working to make the use and enjoyment of green space possible for everyone. We think that kind of commitment is amazing, and it is why taking care of our employees is a priority for us. Our benefits include: