DIRECTOR OF PROGRAMS
Director of Programs
The Director of Programs is a key member of our team, charged with guiding and managing the organization’s wide-ranging programs and directing advocacy efforts. Creativity is a major plus as this person will play a vital role in developing new program directions. Excellent benefits since taking care of our employees is a priority for us.
Tasks and Duties
- Provide leadership for vigorous advocacy on park and trail issues, including increased funding and improved stewardship
- Organize and galvanize a vocal and effective coalition and broad-based constituency for parks and trails
- Work with communities to expand opportunities for outdoor recreation and active transportation by helping to design and develop, as well as advocate for, multi-use trails
- Promote trail use and foster trail-related tourism and communicate the connection between outdoor tourism and economic development
- Develop and produce print and electronic newsletters, reports, and other publications
- Guide program staff and intern
How to Apply
Submit a resume and cover letter with salary requirements to Director of Programs Search, Parks & Trails New York, 29 Elk Street, Albany, NY 12207, firstname.lastname@example.org. The position will remain open until filled.
ASSISTANT BIKE TOUR DIRECTOR
PTNY seeks a part-time Assistant Bike Tour Director to help organize an 8-day, 400-mile recreational bicycle tour that occurs in July. The Assistant Bike Tour Director will work closely with the Ride Directors, who have directed bike tours for 20+ years.
Experience/skills desired: event planning, community outreach, communications, database management, marketing, administration
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Provide pre-tour support during the winter and spring and then again for 3-4 weeks post-tour:
- Answer potential cyclists' questions
- Handle registration fulfillment
- Organize pre-tour materials and supplies
- Help with planning of ride logistics
- Maintain communication with riders through monthly email updates, website and social media
- Assist with marketing, promotion and sponsorship efforts, including attending expos
- Conduct post-tour wrap up activities
- Provide direct services during the ride:
- Purchase supplies
- Help organize volunteers
- Direct vehicle (SAG) support
- Support cyclists, including minor mechanical support
Work Hours: P/T position based in Albany. Hours are flexible in terms of days/times. Position would start in February at about 10 hours per week and increase as the tour gets closer.From mid-May until the week or so before the tour, 15-20 hours would be ideal.The week of the tour requires a full-time commitment. In addition to the week of the ride, some in-state travel and evening and overnight commitments required.
Compensation: $12-$14 /hour
Work Environment: Friendly and hard-working staff. Casual atmosphere.
School Correlation: May be used for internship.
Requirement: Valid NYS driver’s license.
Why work for PTNY?
People choose a career at Parks & Trails New York to improve the health, economy, and quality of life for all New Yorkers by working to make the use and enjoyment of green space possible for everyone. We think that kind of commitment is amazing, and it is why taking care of our employees is a priority for us. Our benefits include:
Parks & Trails New York is an equal opportunity employer.