PTNY seeks a dynamic project coordinator to promote outdoor recreation and active transportation through advocacy and planning efforts, as well as implementing various programs and events.
Tasks and Duties
- Develop materials, perform direct outreach and attend meetings, conferences and other events to promote trail use and communicate the connection between outdoor tourism and economic development
- Assist with research into the economic, health and environmental benefits of developing trail networks and encouraging active transportation
- Provide technical assistance to communities looking to develop new multi-use trails and promote existing trail networks
- Advocate for legislation promoting outdoor recreation and trail network development, including organizing coalition efforts
- Coordinate with state agencies and municipalities to address issues related to the development and management of multi-use trails
- Develop and produce print and electronic newsletters, social media posts, reports, and other publications.
How to Apply
Submit a resume and cover letter with salary requirements to Project Coordinator Search, Parks & Trails New York, 29 Elk Street, Albany, NY 12207, firstname.lastname@example.org. The position will remain open until filled.
Why work for PTNY?
People choose a career at Parks & Trails New York to improve the health, economy, and quality of life for all New Yorkers by working to make the use and enjoyment of green space possible for everyone. We think that kind of commitment is amazing, and it is why taking care of our employees is a priority for us. Our benefits include:
Parks & Trails New York is an equal opportunity employer.