Parks & Trails New York seeks a dynamic, goal-oriented candidate who enjoys the challenge of working on a variety of fundraising programs and working in a collaborative environment with a committed, creative team.The Development Director, who reports to and works closely with the Executive Director, as well as a Board Development Committee, designs, develops and implements a range of fundraising initiatives, including individual giving, membership, corporate sponsorships, foundation and government grants, online giving, and special events.
- Develop a comprehensive annual fund development plan, including revenue goals and sources. Analyze progress towards those goals throughout the year.
- Identify, cultivate and solicit prospects for financial support, including individuals, corporations, foundations, and special event sponsors, and nurture existing funders.
- Direct membership program.
- Oversee online fundraising.
- Create and oversee production of fundraising materials: membership acquisition and retention vehicles, board solicitations, annual fund appeals, annual report, newsletters, donor communications.
- Manage fundraising receptions.
- Work closely with the Executive Director, Board of Directors, Development Committee, staff, and volunteers in fundraising activities, especially donor and prospect cultivation.
- Participate in solicitations, as appropriate.
Parks & Trails New York seeks a Program Coordinator to work on a variety of projects that support New York’s network of parks and trails. The Program Coordinator reports to the Parks Program Director and assists with coordinating major statewide events and advocacy efforts, as well as supporting the grant program for park and trail organizations. The Program Coordinator is a vital member of our team and has the opportunity to work on important environmental issues with organizations across the state.
- Coordinate and implement events, including the annual statewide I Love My Park Day and advocacy days
- Assist with management of grants program, participate in the review process
- Communications and outreach related to the grants program, including webinars and presentations, webpages, social media, print and electronic newsletters, reports, and other publications and promotions
- Support communications efforts, including regular newsletters
- Facilitate information sharing and networking among local park and trail groups to strengthen these organizations, including organizing regional and state meetings
- Advocate among opinion leaders and decision makers for funding for parks and trails, as well as for other programs and policies that support their promotion, protection and enhancement
Why work for PTNY?
People choose a career at Parks & Trails New York to improve the health, economy, and quality of life for all New Yorkers by working to make the use and enjoyment of green space possible for everyone. We think that kind of commitment is amazing, and it is why taking care of our employees is a priority for us. Our benefits include:
Parks & Trails New York is an equal opportunity employer.