PARK PROGRAM DIRECTOR
Parks & Trails New York seeks a dynamic candidate who enjoys the challenge of working on a variety of projects in a collaborative environment with a committed, creative team.The Park Program Director, who reports to and works closely with the Executive Director, is charged with organizing, activating and providing leadership for an effective coalition and broad-based constituency for parks.
Parks & Trails New York seeks a dynamic, goal-oriented candidate who enjoys the challenge of working on a variety of fundraising programs and working in a collaborative environment with a committed, creative team.The Development Director, who reports to and works closely with the Executive Director, as well as a Board Development Committee, designs, develops and implements a range of fundraising initiatives, including individual giving, membership, corporate sponsorships, foundation and government grants, online giving, and special events.
- Develop a comprehensive annual fund development plan, including revenue goals and sources. Analyze progress towards those goals throughout the year.
- Identify, cultivate and solicit prospects for financial support, including individuals, corporations, foundations, and special event sponsors, and nurture existing funders.
- Direct membership program.
- Oversee online fundraising.
- Create and oversee production of fundraising materials: membership acquisition and retention vehicles, board solicitations, annual fund appeals, annual report, newsletters, donor communications.
- Manage fundraising receptions.
- Work closely with the Executive Director, Board of Directors, Development Committee, staff, and volunteers in fundraising activities, especially donor and prospect cultivation.
- Participate in solicitations, as appropriate.
Assistant Bike Tour Director
Parks & Trails New York seeks a part-time Assistant Bike Tour Director to help organize an 8-day, 400-mile recreational bicycle tour that occurs in July. The Assistant Bike Tour Director will work closely with the Ride Directors, who have directed bike tours for 20+ years.
Experience/skills desired: event planning, community outreach, communications, database management, marketing, administration
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Provide pre-tour support during the winter and spring and then again for several weeks post-tour
- Assist with marketing, promotion and sponsorship efforts, including attending expos
- Answer potential cyclists' questions
- Handle registration fulfillment
- Organize pre-tour materials and supplies
- Help with planning of ride logistics
- Maintain communication with riders through monthly email updates, website and social media
- Conduct post-tour wrap up activities
- Provide direct services during the ride
- Purchase supplies
- Help organize volunteers
- Direct vehicle (SAG) support during event, help out cyclists with minor mechanical support
Why work for PTNY?
People choose a career at Parks & Trails New York to improve the health, economy, and quality of life for all New Yorkers by working to make the use and enjoyment of green space possible for everyone. We think that kind of commitment is amazing, and it is why taking care of our employees is a priority for us. Our benefits include:
Parks & Trails New York is an equal opportunity employer.